Topic:

boom

boom

iPhone 6 Bends, Catches Fire in Pants Pocket, Man Claims

Mr. Lechter's phone, post-fire. (YouTube)

The iPhone 6’s questionable bendiness — perhaps better known as #Bendgate — might have just become a lot more serious.

A man, Phillip Lechter, claims his iPhone 6 bent and caught fire in his pocket following a minor pedicab accident in Tucson, Ariz., on the weekend of Oct. 11. The flaming gadget, Mr. Lechter attests on his blog, burned through his jeans, and left first- and second-degree burns on his leg. Read More

boom

Report: Samsung Galaxy Explodes On Teen’s Leg

LOOK OUT (Photo: Getty)

Smartphones have already contributed to the destruction of journalism, the game of Snake and countless dinner parties. And now, they’re apparently maiming people’s extremities.

Fanny Schlatter, 18, of Switzerland, was at work when her Samsung Galaxy S3 exploded in her pocket, then burst into flames, according to Le Matin. She sustained third-degree burns and her boss had to rip her clothes off. We don’t know which is worse. Read More