boom

iPhone 6 Bends, Catches Fire in Pants Pocket, Man Claims

Mr. Lechter's phone, post-fire. (YouTube)

The iPhone 6′s questionable bendiness — perhaps better known as #Bendgate — might have just become a lot more serious.

A man, Phillip Lechter, claims his iPhone 6 bent and caught fire in his pocket following a minor pedicab accident in Tucson, Ariz., on the weekend of Oct. 11. The flaming gadget, Mr. Lechter attests on his blog, burned through his jeans, and left first- and second-degree burns on his leg. Read More