The iPhone 6′s questionable bendiness — perhaps better known as #Bendgate — might have just become a lot more serious.
A man, Phillip Lechter, claims his iPhone 6 bent and caught fire in his pocket following a minor pedicab accident in Tucson, Ariz., on the weekend of Oct. 11. The flaming gadget, Mr. Lechter attests on his blog, burned through his jeans, and left first- and second-degree burns on his leg.
Another day, another story of an iPhone casually burning its user. Technology is awesome!
A woman in China’s Hunan province claims the side of her face was left burned and permanently scarred after a long conversation on her iPhone with her boyfriend.
Good work, teens. Besides saving helpless people from burning buildings, firefighters now have to devote their energy to worrying about your dumb, dangerous social media trend.
The New Jersey Division of Fire Safety recently released a statewide emergency bulletin warning firefighters and fire officials about the “Fire Challenge” craze, wherein teens are covering themselves in flammable liquid, lighting themselves on fire, and then documenting it on social media.
An elderly woman’s exploding laptop made for the worst kind of Fourth of July fireworks this week (#sorrynotsorry).
Philadelphia resident Loretta Luff, 72, was innocently playing Spider Solitaire and chilling with her two toy poodles when her six-year-old Dell Inspiron laptop exploded in her face, Philly.com reports.
A Kansas man clearly had his priorities straight when he reentered his burning house to rescue his Xbox.
The stupidity was displayed Friday in a northeastern town when the man realized he fled his house being engulfed in flames empty handed. So, feeling the adrenaline and realizing that he couldn’t go on if he didn’t have the gaming console to hug at night, he risked life and limb to go back in and grab it.
Posting will be light on Betabeat next week, but we’ll be here. In the meantime, we’d like to provide you with instructions, via Geekologie, on how to burn ice.