this is scary
today in travel
An 18-year-old Chinese woman was reportedly electrocuted to death after her iPhone 4S charger exploded while she was sleeping.
Her sister made the tragic discovery after she smelled plastic burning in her sister’s room, Shanghaiist reports. When she walked into the room, she found a melted iPhone next to her and several burns across her legs, hands and neck. Medical experts confirmed that she died of electrocution.
Our long national nightmare of having to turn off our Kindles while taxiing is now over. The Federal Aviation Administration announced today that the use of personal electronic devices can be utilized from gate-to-gate. Cell phone conversations will remain banned.
Your good-for-nothing pets are not only a drain on your wallet, but they’re ruining your electronics at an alarming pace. Last year, more than eight million pieces of human technology were eaten by cats and dogs, with cell phones accounting for a third of that number.
Worried about your REM cycle, certified sleep expert Arianna Huffington is imploring you to ditch the electronics because it’s ruining your life. Speaking at the Aspen Ideas Festival, the Huffington Post founder said that iPads, Kindles and laptops should be banned from the bedroom because she believes that it’s preventing you from unwinding after a long day of aggregating.