this is scary

iPhone Charger Reportedly Electrocutes Teenager to Death in Her Sleep

An iPhone 4S charger. (Photo: Thingz.net)

An 18-year-old Chinese woman was reportedly electrocuted to death after her iPhone 4S charger exploded while she was sleeping.

Her sister made the tragic discovery after she smelled plastic burning in her sister’s room, Shanghaiist reports. When she walked into the room, she found a melted iPhone next to her and several burns across her legs, hands and neck. Medical experts confirmed that she died of electrocution.  Read More

CHARGE IT

Finally: Bushwick Bar Comes Equipped With Phone Charging Stations

The Left Hand Path. (Photo via Facebook.com/lefthandpath)

When your cell phone dies during a night out, it’s either a blessing (now I don’t have to answer any more texts and there’s no way I can leave my ex a drunken voicemail!) or a curse (how the f&*# am I going to find my way home?).

If you’re barhopping in Bushwick and you find yourself with the bad kind of dead phone, have no fear: the new bar Left Hand Path will hook you up with a phone charger directly under your spot at the bar. Read More

Startup Fashion

Some Geniuses Finally Invented a Purse That Charges Your iPhone

Never miss another sext. (Photo: Everpurse.com)

Getting caught with a dead phone is terrifying. What if someone tries to abduct you and you have no way of calling 9-1-1? What if you get lost and have no way to access Google Maps? What if someone’s texting you?

But now, there’s a new way to keep your phone charged without begging the restaurant hostess to let you use the outlet by the door while you eat. Yes, a purse has been invented that can fully charge your phone twice a day without being plugged in. Read More