Sparks flew in an Australian Vodafone store recently, and not because customers were losing it over the company’s selection of iPhones, BlackBerrys or HTC phones.
Instead, a brand new iPad Air went ahead and exploded, necessitating a visit from the fire department, the Daily Mail reports. A spokesperson from Vodafone said a “burst of flames” was visible from the iPad’s charging port, and the store filled with smoke.
The iPad Air was released on Nov. 1, and it’s thinner, lighter and faster than earlier models. But news of the blast may send some consumers scurrying back to paper copies of their favorite periodicals.
The iPad Air will set you back $500 in the U.S., so you’d get much more bang for your buck buying some fireworks and transporting them illegally over state lines.