It is rare that you stumble across a commercial that gives you a completely new lease on life. That is what happened when Betabeat first watched this two-minute spot for a new Domino’s app in Japan, featuring a partnership with Hatsune Miku, an anime incarnation of a singing synthesizer app called Vocaloid. Hit “play” and experience a global joie de vivre flood through your grateful body.
This is what our planet is all about.
These are 15 new reasons to embrace the future, all brought to us from an attempt to get Japanese people to eat rubbery disks of dough.
1. Domino’s nail art.
2. The Domino’s CEO trying to speak Japanese.
3. Man in bodysuit choreographing lady avatar moves.
4. Domino’s CEO posing back to back and with peace signs next to anime avatar.
5. “Start the pizza stage live.”
6. How much do you love us right now, Japan?
7. The number of takes it took the Domino’s CEO to accomplish this level of enthusiasm.
8. “From the menu to the order, it looks very cute, just like Miku.”
9. The Social Pizza Camera
10. Domino’s CEO goes home and thinks to self, “Hmm, that Miku is really cute.”
11. He begins writing fan fiction about Miku and pizza.
12. Sex scandal emerges following Domino’s CEO’s affair with Miku pillow.
13. World now consumes 12 billion Miku-o’s™ pizzas a day.
14. Pizza becomes sentient.
15. The Domino’s CEO finally merges with Miku.