We told you this morning that The Internship, Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn’s new comedy about grown men interning at Google, was looking for some extras–specifically “Asian Stanford students.” The tone deaf casting announcement got us a little worried about the future of the film, which will undoubtedly be Oscar material. So we thought we’d put our brains together and see if we couldn’t help the two funnymen out. Here are our suggestions for plot improvements to ensure that this film doesn’t turn out to be Jack And Jill set in Silicon Valley.
1. A montage of the duo gorging on carefully prepared gourmet meals in the Google cafeteria.
2. A bunch of shots of them going down one of the Google office slides.
3. Someone having to save Vince Vaughn from drowning in the Googleplex’s wave pool.
4. Getting drunk, breaking into a server closet and accidentally shutting down Google across the world.
5. Partying at the Stanford frat where Zuck met Kevin Systrom.
6. Owen Wilson gets a summons for Biking Under the Influence while riding a Google bike.
7. Trying to get into Larry Page’s rearview Google Glasses mirror before realizing there is no rear view.
8. Vince steals a pair of Google Glasses and Owen steps on them. Hilarity ensues when they use super glue to try and patch them up.
9. Vince Vaughn makes a joke about how nobody uses Google+ and someone in the audience says, “He said the thing we’re not supposed to say!” Panic ensues.
10. Marissa Mayer appears in the sky (the “cloud?”) as the duo’s Mufasa-like mentor.